Re: Some pamaltelan questions for my next game

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 22:18:57 +1300

On 12/23/2012 9:34 PM, hcarteau_at_... wrote:
> - could somebody give me, or point me to, a list of ARTMALI names ? Nameless PCs are useless, and I couldn't find artmalin monickers anywhere.

Jarkaru
Afidisa
Dengbalu
Turvenost
Yeetai
Durpos
Zemendarn.

> - what is the Red Giant alluded to in this scenario ? Sez it comes from TG6, but I don't have this book.
The Red Giants of Garanzarn. They came from the Volcano which destroyed the Infinite Fleet.
Perhaps the Bomonoi, the beings of flame.

> - last but not least: the PCs are going up on Annilla's journey skyward, then fall back down in the heart of Kothar (in the middle of the war between the arbennan and the kresh). Beyond the usual stealth contests vs. the usual certami (solar guardians), how can I spice up the trip to Heavens ? I'd like them to meet a few named stars. Any ideas ?

Sneak contests? There is a War in Heaven.

Your Heroes are seeking an easy way to the Sky Dome. They are travelling across the Celestial Desert and chance encounters direct them to the Conspirator, a wicked star, with a grudge match against other stars.

The Conspirator is only too happy to sell your heroes the secret road in return for some typically expensive pledges. Unfortunately the Conspirator betrays your heroes by sending them into the arms of a Celestial Pressgang. The Heroes are impressed into service to fight against some dire foe (Jugger, Sky Terror, Herespur) from reaching Cronisper's campfire. Their sterling service (or base treachery) leads them to a climate battle near their goal. They are either giving the passage as a reward or unceremoniously kicked out of heaven and dropped from a great height...

--Peter Metcalfe