Re: Historical population of Genertela

From: jorganos <joe_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 15:08:08 -0000

> I cannot find anything about rapid population growth or the development of military food supply in the Imperial Age.... Any ideas?

The EWF had special draconic husbandry and grain that apparently enabled rapid population growth in Dragon Pass, but depended on the dragons' dreams to continue. Even in areas where the dragons had been evicted by the Pelorians, I suppose the effects of the population growth, even taking into account war losses, may have lasted.

In God Learner influenced territory, a similar effect was reported using additional grain goddess magics - except where these failed (spectacularly).

The Pelorian backwaters like Carmania are somewhat less influenced by either of these massive magical boosts.

Another factor in pivotal battles might be the unaccounted-for appearance of heroic troops from hell. Admittedly, the only recorded instance might be Ethilrist's reappearance (amid the Night of Horrors, I think), but given some of the myths about magically summoning a supporting army to a battle (like the Ring of Vingkotlings at the Luathan Shore), magically appearing contingents may occur.