Re: Historical population of Genertela

From: jorganos <joe_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 22:46:02 -0000

> > I should have asked historical population tables in the stretch goal requests in the Kickstarter....but now is too late....:-)

> I think "History of the Heortling Peoples" has some info on historical population numbers. Probably a lot less than you'd like, though.

Actually, the info on God Learner fertility rites and EWF special agriculture is from the "Middle Sea Empire" booklet of the Stafford library. Some of it was reproduced in the 2nd Age Glorantha book.

I don't think I have seen anything like reliable population numbers for any period prior to 1600 ST, excepting the occasional migration census.

I know several of my own guesses to have been badly off.

I won't complain - there's lots of Gloranthan fact and history still to be discovered, as you can get only so much info into a two volume guide.