Re: Historical population of Genertela

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_j3XGMfATHCX5XHY38paxlzcFGxLe0oI-nAkf0xCySpn-K2g4c6brLQFWHDqEIyAROt2>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 12:19:12 +1300

On 12/29/2012 1:42 AM, Stephen Tempest wrote:
> Of course, a 2% growth rate will not be sustainable indefinitely;
> there will be wars, plagues and famines reducing the rate or even
> turning it negative for a while. But just after the Dawn, when
> Glorantha is almost empty and waiting for people to fill it up, an
> even higher rate might be sustained.

The Dawn Age Figures in History of the Heortling Peoples give the following growth rates (assuming 125 years of growth)

Berenethtelli: 1.67%
Forosvuli: 1.62%
Infithetelli: 1.62%
Liornvuli: 1.67%
StravulI: 1.44% - lost a war with the Liornvuli. Koroltes: 1.65%
Orgovaltes: 1.60%
Garanvuli: 1.30% - living tough at the edge of the Print. Penentelli: 1.62%
Vanch: 1.34% - tough living near Alkoth. Sylila: 1.11% - tough living near Alkoth. Esrolia: 1.64%

Assuming a shorter growth period (ie a century) and the highest growth rate is on the order of 2.1%. I assume the growth rates will decline after another century or two as the easiest land has been developed and the wars begin.

--Peter Metcalfe