Re: what is animism?

From: jorganos <joe_at_...>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 11:16:52 -0000

hcarteau_at_... wrote:
> The PCS being who they are, they of course get exposed to many foreign, strange magics, and try to make sense of them, and become some of these "few philosophers" Jeff alludes to. Though I've not yet seen a "philosopher PC".

I have played a sword sage or two, and one Arkati sailor, all of whom had some philosophical strain (while being quite ruthless whether in combat, politics or debate). And yes, all of them struggled to understand the underlying magical reality, after being exposed to some of the sharp edges. (Ok, the Arkati went through the Kustrian God Learner tower, so he experienced quite a bit more than the edges, but all of it sharp.)