Re: Praxian tribal campaign

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 11:26:58 +0000

On 22 Mar 2013, at 10:22, jorganos <joe_at_...> wrote:

> Customs aren't established - at best, precedents for customs are.

In a time of myth and magic customs are established. Great powers say it is so and it is.

> The laws start as herd behaviour.

There is no behaviour, Waha forges the covenant and say this is how you will act.

> and don't forget Storm Bull as the male cultural model

Only for his followers

> and Eiritha as the true source of the culture.

Eiritha misses all of the Great Darkness, she was in the underworld, she is only back on the scene once the protectresses are recovered. I'm pretty sure she says something like - my son has done as expected we are all saved. Culture is already established.

> The bipeds may have cross-bred between herds - there are no biological barriers to stop them, and that's what apes do, however sapient. In magical times, I wouldn't be surprised if there were unions between more magical quadrupeds and bipeds, too. I don't see the distinct quadrupeds mating across herds, though. Only magical ones like the White Bull.

Try magical union, avoid science terms when working in mythological ages, those concepts don't exist or work.

> If you insist on pulling out the rules mechanic "Waha has two runes", well, that makes him the equal of Pelaskos or Diros. Or Gagarth and Thed.

Of course he is in HeroQuest2. It has an established system of rating deities, spirits and powers:

Three runes: Greater God, Power, Spirit - Orlanth, Ernalda, Red Goddess, Seven Mothers, etc Two runes: God, Power, Spirit - Waha, Gagarth, Thed One rune: Heroes, small spirits - Pavis, Florian the Gardener, brother dog, etc.

It's a mechanism, to aid in measuring the world. How many runes do you think he should have?

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433