Re: Praxian tribal campaign

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 14:34:01 +0000

On 22 Mar 2013, at 14:01, Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...> wrote:

> I'm also intrigued by the discussions of the pieces of myth that are missing or adopted by entities that didn't really do it. I've always been interested by the Praxians' comparative lack of myths about the first sunset and sunrise.

I'm using the idea that a lot of stuff attributed to Waha was actually Praxian heroquesters returning to the Great Darkness to bind stuff into the bag before the ritual of the net. No one can now tell the difference between what Waha did and the HeroQuesters (and it doesn't matter). Don't forget all khans are descended from Waha, that makes it easier. So:

• Waha knew what had to be done.
• he knew that he had to knot all of the Wastelands together to stop it all drifting off in to the spirit world. So made a string bag.
• he had to connect all of the survivors together as well and their helpers.
• he had to knot all of this together so it became part of the net.
• his cats cradle skills are legendary to achieve all this.
• some unwanted stuff got caught in the bag as it was closed by Arachne Solara - Thed, Chaos, etc.

Clearly new ways had to be incorporated into this after the Dawn, so khan's went back and knotted new stuff in.

There are only a few of examples of this in sources:

The Amazons become the Yelornans
The Zebras become Eiritha Beasts
Humakt is accepted as a cult in the First Age Yelmalio in the Second Age (an altering of possibly Waha meets Polestar)

The Cats Cradle and String bag are Greg's ideas, along with the bead that closes the bag is Arachne Solara.

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433