Re: Praxian tribal campaign

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 21:56:19 -0000

Andrew asks:

> So does that mean that someone other than the High Khan has
> the secret to incarnating is there a "Jaldon Society" that
> can do this? Or is Waha somehow spontaneously incarnating
> and just calling himself Jaldon?

I think that each of the Praxian great spirits has at least one medicine bundle that is virtually required to successfuly summon the spirit its its most powerful manifestation. For Waha, this used to mean that the High khan would incarnate Waha. (Call it heroforming or friendly possession if you want.)

I think that Pavis broke the bundle, so that the High Khans could not summon Waha any more. Eventually one found a way around this and summoned Jaldon.

Others believe that Waha agreed with Pavis that he would not return. And so Jaldon is a clever way of getting around the peace treaty.

I think that these are approximately the same thing. In both cases, there was an interaciton between Waha and Pavis, with a result that Waha can;t come back. Whether that was a peace treaty or a defeat might just be spin. Either way, I think the story is: "Jaldon is most definitely a different guy from Waha -- sure, he looks mostly the same and acts the same, but he's got a whole different name, so it must be a different guy!" And either way, I think it is still a case of incarnation. But maybe others have a different view.

Chris