Re: Secret History of the Beast Riders?

From: Glass <glass_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 04:12:41 -0000

> I don't think this is correct. The growth rate should be quicker at the
> Dawn - the Orgovaltes jump from 1.1K at the Dawn to 8K in circa 100-150
> ST. Once all the good spots are settled, the growth rates should then
> flatten out. At the very least I think the population of Prax at the
> end of the Dawn Age should be within the same magnitude as the current
> population (say 300K?). Further population growth in the following
> centuries largely takes place in the Wastelands.

At first I thought the Hungry Sable migration might have artificially depressed the 500 ST number and thrown off the curve. But in that case I'd expect (a) the Sable to have been pushed out of an overpopulated situation and (b) the remaining population to ramp up fast to fill any void left behind.

Anyway, maybe Jannisor's one-time friends were fleeing similar population pressure in the 1270s -- although I think they came home with strange magic and maybe a little booty, didn't they?