Re: RE: Arkat and Dorasta

From: Phil Hibbs <snarks_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 10:33:42 +0000

>> So are Balarzak and Hardral just distractions, someone's attempt at a
joke?
>Not at all. Ralzakark did not awaken Dorastor, he was awakened by others.

What I was getting at was the similarity in names between Ralzakark on the one hand, and Balarzak, hardral and Arkat. I first assumed that the name (and therefore the creature) Ralzakark was constructed from fragments of those names. But if Ralzakark pre-dated the other three, then the causal relationship runs in the other direction (if you can trust causality to behave in such circumstances, that is). Were Hardral and Balarzak drawn to Dorastor, unknowingly bearing the scattered fragments of Ralzakark's soul within them, to re-unite him?

Phil.

--
Don't you just hate self-referential sigs?