Re: Saunas

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_91IMI6XKqPtdewUMgmUcGu724Qg6g0zPYOiISgqNNz16cQExCq9mOWTDi9Ft6lICw0Eo>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 09:09:22 -0600

        Hey there, just trying to get up to speed. I want to be a part of this, but it's a really bad couple of weeks (job interviews, super busy at work, getting vomited on on the bus) -- I will add what I can as I can.

Bo Rosin says to

Ian Cooper:
> > hesitating. My chief concern is that whenever I go the
>> sauna I find it hard to breath, the hot air is
>> stifling, almost suffocating. Due to the heat everyone
>> remains motionless. I just have trouble with that
>> being Orlanthi, it feels more like Lodril. Maybe
>
>Yup, a child of Molanni and Lodril. Nothing good could come of a union
>like that.
>
>Saunas sound more Ernaldan than Orlanthi to me. Perhaps it is part of
>the secret women's magic where they go and do strange stuff in caves.
>
>Actually I love the sauna, quite popular here in Sweden. We're not quite
>as fanatical as our eastern brothers, though.

        The pleasure for the men could be emerging from the warm (but stifling) heat of the Earth/Mahome into the cool free air -- the sauna is a place where the "woman's world" lets you free yourself of dirt and fatigue and return to the open air refreshed. A man who spends too much time in the sauna, of course, leaves himself open to "Nandan" and "Humakt" jokes.

Peter Larsen