Re: Re: Setting the scene

From: Giles Hill <Giles_Hill_at_6vlFPPzx6EZvlqiyTgYeSoHNAz5qjgKCRVs-qNp-ugBIEhcUGUM0F795hGm-HcK5G>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 19:49:14 -0000

Why should every stead have beehives? They are labour intensive, difficult to look after except for the skilled apiarist, time and effort that can be better spent elsewhere. I know that there are practical reasons to have bees other than honey, but bees have a range that would exceed the span of a single stead.

My vote says that Bee hives are not typical.

Giles