Re: God Talkers

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_LAfUy5ShgRkPdCC4WgvRhrJjCf7CRrxkugj4sCw28lTfiR4HLlNWFDfj-c-N6rXfoG>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 00:06:41 -0500

Ian Cooper wrote:

>4.5% godi + 1.5% priests = 6% religious officers.
>A 40 person stead this would give us 2.4 godi...

That seems a little high. I think the 1.5% figure applies to religious functionaries of all types. From p. 18 of THUNDER REBELS, a stead with 70 adults and the same number of children has two godi. Thus, the 1.5% figure is correct.

>Presumably clans with stronger magic have more godi
>than those that don't.

This stands to reason, especially if Magic is the clan's Economic Specialty.

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_vLONi0awVMYRdMQnoKt7MXNQnEU9WxDj58vBh-gAkpFpteXqQx5pekZNzDNiCW_ECogWk4hiJuJwybNUlgThRUjR.yahoo.invalid | and words, its slides and