Re: New poll for stormsteads

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_7GKRji_SoMq0AyC3uoDmYuaVr4yMNA1CsQpf8nO_pv4EVIxvnVBg0FspmTCPPVkl8z>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 02:25:02 -0500

Peter Larsen wrote:

>I wonder if some of these questions are too
>"fixing" for the project.

We can always toss out answers which give us too fixed an outcome, or tweak them until they become suitably generic. By allowing this group as a whole to participate in clan creation, it was my thought that we would end up with a more middle-of-the-road clan than not. From a quick peek at the poll stats thus far, I think that effect will be achieved. I never stated how the final answers for our generic clan would be determined, just so we could tweak the results if needed.

We could hand it off to whichever answers have the most votes, have a roll-off between all the votes made for a particular question (so that, if ten were logged total with one answer receiving four votes, two others receiving two votes each, and two others receiving one vote each, we could roll a 10-sided die with 1-4 meaning answer one is chosen, 5-6 meaning answer two is chosen, etc.), or submit the results to a committee (like the Overview workgroup, or the list as a whole) which would then pick which answers to use.

Fear not, Peter. This process exists merely to aid creativity...

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_xRdkBFgTpeirw0IQe1hnHm_1mwtIniY-Vpsejx3vzbKPbwXgHN50J5TAbc_uyXZ9gVtxShe6e_AnNULN6tjsdDNH.yahoo.invalid | and words, its slides and