Re: Area of Steads lands

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_tuaDeBXzXv7FXN-0qoU3twkMEQ2STVzFa0o28z4398dVVJCJJes5c0YodtjhSbMQy2g>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 21:18:15 -0000

Well, THAT didn't work...

OK, I was trying to respond to the claims of typical clans having 2000 members as opposed to 1000. The figures given in Questlines for tribal population exclude only under-fives, and indicate a typical tribal size of around 6,500. Allowing for the exclusion of the under-fives, that would be either four or eight clans per tribe, on average. Personally, I'd rather go for the eight clans implied by the smaller clan sizes.

OTOH, the only example of a tribe for which we have a canonical list is the Colymar. With a total population of 15,500 (plus under-fives) they have twelve clans. That suggests a total clan population (including under-fives) of 1,500 or so - that is, 750 adults. Exactly half way between the two suggestions...

Ho hum.

Trotsky