Fw: Subgroup Progress & Web Page Updates

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_YNW_fj9cykVUXGclNT6aqtORSgoQhuBrW3tg4x1I5f5sWBw09xkgaWNberMPhm0zAzsO>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:38:10 +1100

Gedday folks

I've had continual problems with my home pc over the last ten days, (a new network card that didn't, two trips back to the workshop and then a complete Windows rebuild and reinstall) and have been effectively offline. Apologies if I've seemed tardy in replying to mail. I think I have *nearly* caught up. :)

I have added several sections to the stormsteads listings at

http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/stead.html

All of the pages described below can be loaded from the links at the top of the page.

NAME GENERATOR First up, as announced on the HW list, I have completed the Heortling name generator, which now includes 602 male and 543 female names, 350 male and 359 female epithets. You can also download the master list as a text file. I hope the generator will prove useful to our project. I had forgotten that there is also a nice name generator at Issaries: while mine is more clunky it can be used offline if you save the page to your hard disk: the Issaries version requires you to be online.

CLAN BACKGROUND I have uploaded Michael's summary of the clan generator exercise. Lots of nice data here to use in our subgroups and to expand or comment upon!

CLAN RING In the CLAN subgroup, Tim Ellis and I have done some work on detailing a traditional clan ring. Our draft to date can be inspected on the Clan Ring page.

SUBGROUP PROGRESS? How are things going in the other subgroups? Is our system working, or do we need to do a bit more organisation and tinkering? I do realise that a lot of initial work has gone into sorting out some basic issues and the sometimes vague guidelines of TR. I am confident our progress from now on will be rapid. Remember that at this stage we are not looking for finely polished details, just structures and outlines that we can all compere that can be filled in or even put out to the HW list for detailing at a later date.

Cheers

John

nysalor_at_5n95CtNEpOG2-Hc3-nvC6O_3b0NhMoLLqcu6lPfAl3z1JSja4YGvNiJHAgYDbDsJD0bGgoC3Qdsg3myReGvE.yahoo.invalid                              John Hughes
Questlines: http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/

"Or, at least, one-tenth of the cabin trunks were full of vivid and often painful and uncomfortable memories of her past life; the other nine-tenths were full of penguins, which suprised her. Insofar as she recognized at all that she was dreaming, she realized she must be exploring her own subconscious mind. She had heard it said that humans are supposed to use only about a tenth of their brains, and that no one was very clear what the other nine tenths were for, but she certainly never heard it suggested that they were used for storing penguins."