Re: food focus?

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_Xixz4AL9k-hcp5pIfrqEBjJKC8qnuPMivihQCJNOz6m-KBzXdCxMVkr7OLQdYZ-rji>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 12:52:21 -0500

Bryan Thexton wrote:

>The clan's food focus was primarily grain, with
>the majority of the tula being used for grain
>production.

Keep in mind that we are not talking about *only* grain crops, but crops in general. 40% is used to grow crops, which include the cereal grains, fruit orchards, etc. In fact, orchards are probably relatively common in Sartar's generally highland terrain. We know both apples and grapes grow there, and there may be cherries and plums as well (being a Michigander, a place where the virtues of cherries regularly extolled, I fervently crave Quivin cherries).

Hm... this gets me wondering. We know the Antorlings are the Apple Clan and the Konthasos are the Vine (Grape) Clan, but what about the Lysangi and Namoldings? Is one the Cherry Clan and the other the Plum Clan? :)

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_UN6wafWprdLxqHvo77DiDfa_USJwzgt5NSSlFNbE11QAp8OVHM9BeU2uQshdpdUbluxXY6ZSEL_qRspUs5Bis-I.yahoo.invalid | and words, its slides and