Re: Our Clan, Huzzah!

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_yUyGqWCTxvvu3YkXHSmBKMarAdv5Z9VhiS9hgZmpfXi_evJasvGE_2z5z9SYT5AsKr8e>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:36:39 +1100

Michael:

If this works with everyone else, I would like to suggest
> that this is a stead where the cottar shepherds are its backbone, and the
> wool here is a prized commodity among the neighboring clans because of
> the Heler magical influence.
>
> Thoughts?

I like this a lot. It also seems to fit Bryan's vision neatly. Should we make sheep the stead prime resource rather than grain?

 > Also, crops and livestock detail interest me, as I would like to write up
> a stead calendar with the planting and shearing and haying and whatnot
> laid out, so a narrator can tell his players useful stuff like "It's late
> Earth Season, so the plowmen are out planting the rye and the steadwives
> and children are out a-haying".

There is just such a calendar for Sartar and the Far Place at

http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/calendar.html

which isn't to say it can't be expanded and improved upon! Daily life on the steads is also a big interest of mine.

An Issaries hero might want to appraise
> the stead's commodities with an eye toward maximizing profits, so I also
> want to determine what there may be in the way of already-exploited
> resources like that rare green clay the clan's crafters want for their
> pottery, or an undiscovered source of bog iron or rare herbs in the woods.
>
> Again, thoughts?

Resources both exploited and unexploited, al la KoDP. Perhaps list a few unexploited or hidden resources that could be utilised in play: part description and part plot seed!

John

nysalor_at_pvRo3Krmwl7oJO-aohWV-EtKvnF8TNB9pimcBHdpo2PBMdPbKLlLKUYG8OtXinvwJqRJgeeIdMpHbFJN.yahoo.invalid                              John Hughes
Questlines: http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/

Language is like a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity.