Re: Good Ol Boys Drinking Whisky & Rye...

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at__4N2mnwMIvV82CPgynk98HYwwfO2HPy3LNw6KnZ9t1qx4NC86I1MlBItEPdPsdCBeZ>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:27:04 -0500

Let's not forget that cider would also be among the Heortlings' many alcoholic beverages. We know that apples grow in Hiording lands (Apple Lane has orchards, after all), and presumably a case could be made for the Antorlings (the Apple Clan) having them as well. As the Colymar are famed for their clearwine (it is my thought that the Konthasos are the sole producers of wine in Sartar, other wines being imported) and not for their alcohol production in general, other clans must produce ciders, beers, ales and meads of their own (and could be famous for them throughout the kingdom and beyond).

This gives us another trade resource to consider, which is not a bad thing in my mind. It is a pity that the clan creation questionnaire does not address the presence of shrines to minor gods like Minlister or specific subcults (save for Uralda and Vingkot Victorious). Perhaps I will rework my version so it does...

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_abZtotrtE3GhWE-6SVFKdwC-Sy4v33NZPr20ktbGCH-jcpCyltvZdT32cf6ZR6uYA3H6hDsgg3lw7P5l8g_t.yahoo.invalid | and words, its slides and