Re: Introducing our Heler Shrine Keeper...

From: BEThexton <bethexton_at_78b4zQV_oIyoup2ccD06Psh1tbP1DLtDQFQvZZyjObVRDXzxkGL8GKqnFGafBw5WPx>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 19:46:53 -0000

I like the character quite a bit. Gives the clan and stead a powerful magician, without it being one that would overshadow most of the more typical characters.

On the other hand, such a character doesn't have to be on the clan ring. If you hit problems with the two people from Swenstead issue, you could keep this guy on the outer ring. It would be a "well of course we listen to him, but he's, you know, a little odd, and the people don't want him making decisions for them, no matter how much they appreciate his healing rains." He could be one of the most important people in the clan, but not part of the day to day governance of the clan. He might even prefer it that way, being a devotee and all he might find ring duty onerous, given that his cult doesn't have an inherent political element to it.

Not to say he couldn't be on the ring, just that I don't see leaving him off of the ring as any great slight.

--Bryan