Clan and Stead Populations

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_Ffc2zjm_DA0tJCQ3H-kFw7dRxA2VV6amRfZ5jZ6a6uY-E2PSvBGgcnwwdGJI9HjBUMfe>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 19:22:05 +1000

Following the discussion, here's a stab at our clan population. I'm working on the clan gen figures and the basics stated by Bryan - 7 steads, smaller in hills, larger in plains, concentration at the chief's stead. I've also given the lowland steads slightly more children (prosperity) and concentrated the fyrd and weaponthanes in the lowlands and at the chief's stead.

The stead names are from my Kickstart post (plus one) , subject to confirmation

Here's what I got:

STEAD -               POPULATION - ADULTS - FYRD - WEAPONTHANES
Swenstead (hills) -                      80-             42 -        18-
1
Running Horse Stead (hills)        95-             50-         24-
0
Cloudpierce Stead (hills)            75-             52-          27-
0
Harveststone Stead (valle         160-             85-        46-
1
Broken-Spear Stead (valley)    130-             66-        42-
2
Graingift Stead (valley)              230-          104-        64-
1
Thunder Rock (valley - chief)    380-          176-      124-
4
Total                                       1150-          575-      345-
9

I'll get this up on the website as a table ASAP.

If folk are happy with these figures, I'll also apply Nick's age breakdowns, and a split into bloodlines.

Cheers

John