Re: Our Clan Chieftain

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_SAEbr_DO8KABH7tVwifQfCIWEVoSt1YTehg0N4c2R4zUR9t3tCDZuW05zkvH1YPGyJ>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 10:02:30 -0500

Michael Schwartz wrote:

> Tim Ellis wrote:
>
> >The problem is that that would give him
> >70% time commitment to cultic activities,
> >which doesn't leave him much time to be
> >chief!
>
> Yeah, I really hope Greg and company get those damn time commitment
> "rules" ironed out. They are really screwed up. I made my suggested
> adjustments (communal to 5%, initiate to 20%, and devotee to 40%... a
> one-third reduction, except in the case of communal) so we would be
> able
> to distinguish between purely magical obligations and purely
> occupational
> obligations. There are probably twelve to sixteen hours in the average

And, as others have said, the religious 'obligations' INCLUDE your job if its applicable. What's so hard about that? Seems pretty readily apparent to most folks.

As had been said, why spend all your time 5% this and 3.12 % that? I didn't think we were designing RulesQuest or Space Opera characters here.

Jeff