Re: Clan and Stead Populations

From: moonbroth <nick_at_w_BYEnlAScOqcHJSIwiLGCSyqdi_PJM1Xg_CTZ4r7hQGGBbMkUlwt1q8UrxFeRhFMYBpydL>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 15:41:11 -0000

Bryan wrote:

> instead of tweens (since in the RW that is now being used for
> the 9 - 12 age group), we could put in "1st initiates" or something
> like that.

I agree that "tweens"/"tweenagers" is too twee for words.

I'm not sure about "1st initiates", as girls are usually initiated before boys -- after all, they do mature faster. (In the 15-19 age bracket, you'd expect the girls to be initiated at the beginning, boys by the end).

> With how 7-centric the Heortlings are, this would seem to be a
> natural division with them too...

Feel free to rebase my chart with age bands 0, 1-7, 8-14, etc., to suit your personal taste. I'd like to see the results if you do.

Cheers, Nick