Re: Clan and Stead Populations

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_g2dEqdZIJBBHmTgmyiAFGkOTMmHykb5vG9BT_QsCLMF7HjM4Mxq5U_F6S>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 09:09:55 +0100 (BST)

>I guess we need to know what the Heortlings call
them. Time to ask Greg, perhaps. <

FWIW KoS divides society into:

Children
Adults
Parents (includes non biological parents who pass the Wanderlore right)
Elders

People are children until initiated. Their age does not seem to grant them any kind of in-between status. Ideas may have changed since then but this comes out in All Men Should Know This, Greg's unfinished novel (accessible to through th GTA), where the inability of the Orlanthi to initiate their youngsters (due to Loko Moko) means that many young men in their twenties are still legally children, causing significant social difficulties.

AFAIK, teenager is a C20 concept.

Ian Cooper
0208-672-0717(H)
07970-411892 (M)
0207-337-6217 (W)

"They were seven in all, and therewithal both sides rushed into the fight. Thorarin slew a house-carle of Thorbiorn's, and Alfgeir another, and there fell also a housecarle of Thorarin's; but no weapons would bite on Odd Katlason. Now the goodwife Aud calls out on her women to part them, and they cast clothes over the weapons." The Story Of The Ere-Dwellers Chapter 18

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com