Re: Clan and Stead Populations

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_AnLre_HDoYxq1jh2Th98RpBeJk1jPsVQ9kzvIDGFDqL36Nlu_7BvnRzlnwZWWDQKlW>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 09:31:17 -0500

Ian Cooper wrote:

>The inability of the Orlanthi to initiate
>their youngsters (due to Loko Moko) means
>that many young men in their twenties are
>still legally children, causing significant
>social difficulties.

Those that were not killed outright during the initiation attempts made for trouble, but not as much as the simple loss of life. When all the young men of a generation die, of course it will impact the social fabric negatively! The problem was the Heortling failure to adapt, to find another way. They needed Harmast and Arkat to break out of the doldrums.

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_IpZtw5SqLRr35bdoxAMMcQIfDnkyz9O5yI3n2Uu6bWqmWXMCINqbE7CVXGfT-e7TvL-vN8Ez71yF0iyLT_hr9c6G.yahoo.invalid | and words, its slides and