Re: S-Stead Email Group

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_9XXX834BEoqxW3YrJ5rs3kMeSkgmv-GV1I-_g0z6x35vAjKyBwaTiRzVuhUEZMZcBIIe>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 15:51:24 +1000

Friends

Thanks for your note Bryan: I'd been thinking this through as I compiled the new data on the weekend, but hadn't gotten time to post to the group about it.

Have been thinking about the best way forward. We now seem to have something like a critical mass of basic data on the Thunder clan, its population, its general feel, and its locale and on the nature of Swenstead.

Some of the subgroups to date have been fruitful, others not so much, perhaps because we were still lacking in basic data.

I will write tonight to each of the subgroups, and canvass opinions as to the best way forward. (Feel free to respond to the main group as well of course :). I think one thing that will be necessary is to ask for one person in each subgroup to be responsible for collecting and editing that group's work: as general editor, I have tried to keep up with contributions, but its been a big task and in the next few weeks I will be very busy as my wife is hospitalised and I then care for her as she recovers.

Our basic options seem to be:

OR

OR

OR

some other way, a combination of the above?

> For example, I've already written stuff up for 7 (Invarnth) his wife 6
> (Asrelika), and their single daughter 21 (Invara)....but how do I go
> about "claiming" those people?

I think a poll listing the characters will be the way to go. However, in a separate post I will mention some tweaking of the Age Distribution Tables that may be necessary as a result of a few 'holes' we've discovered. This will mean a few changes in age and sex of the generated stead people.

I will write to the subgroups tonight. If you have ideas, please speak up!

John

(Swenstead editor, group fascist, shamanic tale-gunner)