Re: Greg on Digest

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 23:22:05 +0000

johnjmedway <jmedway_at_io.com> writes:

> I must agree. The Blue Room Mailing List (Tekumel's answer to this
> digest) is such a static affair, essentially popping off the Truth
> from Barker, as asked through his intermediary (the list
> maintainer). It's one level of indirection away from handing Barker
> a slip of paper with a question, and him writing down his answer.
> Dialog beyond that seems well out of the norm.

And the story of its blooming is equally dumb. There was an alt.games.frp.tekumel newsgroup that MARB used to participate on, but somebody went and criticized Gardasiyal on it, saying basically that it stunk as a game system and that it was useless because there wasn't even a character generation system in the cheaply produced 3-booklet $48 box. Does that remind anybody of RQ3? At least the cheaply produced 3 booklet, expensive box game part? So in a fit of pique MARB left the newsgroup, never to participate directly again, and now he doesn't even read the blue room itself, only taking questions from his lieutenant.

Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu> A priest, a rabbi, a Penn student, and an elephant walk into a bar. The bartender says, "what is this, some kinda joke?"

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #171