Runes

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 12:03:49 +0800

>An upwards pointing arrow?
>_

        The Pamalt Rune. A symbol of Pamalts power. In TOTRM its called Kinship, but thats probably not quite correct - kinships more a Faranar than a Pamalt thing, a related concept but not quite the same. It represents the power of everybody working together and doing the right thing - ie Pamalts ring.

>A ring with a diagonal cross across it?
>_

        Not quite sure what you mean. Are you sure you didn't just make it up to test us?

>A filled-in earth rune (a solid black square)?
>_

        Malign Earth. The Earth rune is kind of dualist - there is benign earth that gives good things and malign earth that demands sacrifice, the Malign Earth belonging to goddesses like Maran Gor, Babeestor Gor, Ty Kora Tek.

>A Darkness rune with a horizontal line across it sticking
>out each side.
>_

        Ah, the 'London Underground' rune. Shadow, Darkness without cold. Represents ignorance and secrecy.

>A (playing card type) diamond?
>_

        Ice. Now redundent - Greg and Sandy wish they had never created it.

>Two concentric circles?
>_

        Heat. Fire without Light. Lodril has it.

>A Darkness rune with a hole in the middle?
>_

        Cold. Darkness without, umm.... darkness.

>A diagonal cross with the outline of a (diagonally mounted)
>square? (sorry I can't phrase that better)
>_

        The Kralorelan Dragon Rune. Represents the Draconic powers known there (Godunya, Path of Immanent Mastery).

>I this gives you hours of brain-wracking frustration my
>time on this earth will not have been entirely wasted.
>_

        Nah, easy. Except that mysterious one.

        David