Starships and Glorantha

From: Bill.McKinley_at_mailhost.dpie.gov.au
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 14:37:52 +1100

                      Starships and Glorantha                      6/2/97
VS Greene said:
>In the other, Glorantha is a planet around the star "Yelm". The
universe is much bigger than Gloranthans know. The God Time either didn't happen or the planet was once "tide locked" with one side always facing the star. Potentially, aliens could visit. The Federation Starship "Voyager" will probably visit and lose a shuttle there. :)

        While this is just my babbling, I wonder if anybody has tried such a radically different campaign. Is "Columbis Mercator" from a campaign, MOB?

I have! It was inspired by another Chaosium product, Thieves World, which offers mechanisms for integrating the Sanctuary of the Thieves World books into a Traveller campaign.

In my version, the PCs' out of control starship (which they didn't know how to operate - it's a long story) crashed into the swamps near Duck Point. I was young and silly then.

Bill