Divination

From: Erik Hamilton <ham_at_queeg.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 23:08:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
All this talk about how wonderfully useful Divination can be got me to remembering that wonderful example of real world augury.

Seems Romulus and Remus were arguing over which of them would get to be king of their soon to be formed city, and after whom it would be named. They chose to Divine the answer. Remus saw a certain quantity of vultures (I can't seem to remember the exact ammount) and a brief time later Romulus saw a greater quantity of vultures.

Remus reasoned that he should rule as he saw them first, and Romulus argued that it should be him, because he saw more. You know the rest.

Boy, howdy, I'm convinced. Divination is _terribly_ useful. Clears those nasty little problems and disputes right up. Can't see why people don't spend all day in the temple divining the answer to simply everything...

All Hail the Screeching Baboon,

Erik Hamilton