troll sorcery

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 19:47:41 -0800

>Personally I think that KL Priestesses can join the cult of Arkat
>to learn sorcery but few outside ralios do so because of the lack
>of a cultic presence there.

        Personally, I think few KL priestesses can join the cult of Arkat because being a Priestess and being a sorcerer (even an apprentice sorcerer) are both regarded as full time occupations. Being an Arkati is more like an occupation than a traditional cult, at least in the normal troll version. Its something you need to devote considerable time too.

        I'm not sure if we really need to take the 'may not be a sorcerer' prohibition too stictly with priestesses, though. While they wouldn't encourage a priestess to become an Arkati, a priestess who new sorcery but wasn't devoting time to it might be fine, at least if Halikiv or Guhan.

        Outside Ralios, the Arkati cult is just odd to normal trolls - its a funny secretive sub-culture, with only a few in any troll stronghold. But while there are only a few of them, most of them are professional sorcerers.

        Cheers

                David