Matrix HQ

From: Luc Lavergne <arkat_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 16:42:22 -0700 (PDT)

Heroquest results on the mundane plane seems to be hard to manipulate through rules. Does anyone tried to use rules based on the MATRIX game system for world design to simulate those effects ? (you can find a copy of these rules, in two different versions, on the FABULOUS WORLD page)

In fact, would'nt it be better if those effects were balanced with arguments and reasons ? The player HQer would propose a range of mundane effects which would reflect his journey in the Heroplane and put some reasons to support them. In return, the GM would analyse those reasons, making them strong, normal, weak or simply dismiss them, and a simple roll would resolve the problem.

Also, the GM could put further arguments, reflecting or the views of the supporters or those of the ennemies encountered through the heroquest whose role has been changed from the original myth. Maybe the players could vote on the GM's reasons ?

I think that this way we could cover far more elements than with a strict set of rules and in my vision of what is a heroquest, it could reflect the nature of reality, ie a state of balance of the different views through myth.

Please, don't send me a troll horde if I'm wrong with this, it's my first message on the digest and I'll have plenty of occasions to do better...

Luc Lavergne
Montreal, Canada

Reality bites !