Fair Use of Glorantha

From: michael o'brien <mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 1997 10:04:26 +1000

G'day all,

Fair Use of Glorantha

Brian Tickler, back from jury duty:

>Here's where part of the problem lies: since not even the #1 fanzine in
>the game is meeting this criteria all of the time, Chaosium is
>effectively reserving the right to quash anything, yet also "bending" to
>accommodate publications that are already established. ...
>...Chaosium seems to be trying to have its cake and eat it, too: "We
>reserve the right to sue the pants off anyone who violates our rules, but
>also reserve the right to allow anyone we like to break those rules if we
>see fit..." [Much, much verbiage follows...]

I think Brian is way off the mark here. It seems to me that Chaosium are bending over backwards to foster and encourage fan publishing (compare to the late, unlamented T$R's approach, if you will!)

I think Brian is looking for conspiracies where there ain't none.

Round the Twist

Oh, and a little plug to our Finnish Digesters!...

The Finnish Broadcasting Corporation (YLE) is showing "Round the Twist 2", the hilarious kid's series which was made by the company I work for, the Australian Children's Television Foundation (I'm currently designing a computer game about the show).

RtT started this week, and is shown at 9.35am from Monday to Friday. Try to catch it if you can: it's a hoot, the televisual equivalent of MGF (esp. the episode "Little Squirt")!

Cheers

MOB

>From the Notes from Nochet files:

[XXIX.777.49.e/2.7] The viziers of Carmania work to perfect our interpretation of Holy Law, and arrive at the point where "everything not Forbidden is Compulsory." There are no "grey areas" in Paradise. Master Kishan.