Oops!

From: Beyke, Maurice A <mabeyke_at_ingr.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 09:17:14 -0500

Hello all. Boris again.

Just after I sent off tDtFD, I see Nick had done so also. Sorry, folks. (Hey Nick, I like some of your lines better than mine; do you want to collaborate on tuning it up?).

One last note: this song is based on the theory that Sartar's Flame was a kingdom wide wyrter that magically bound the tribes together. Hence the line "it divided kin and kith"; I believe that dousing the flame literally did this, causing the disunity that has plagued Sartar ever since. This also is the basis of the line "The ducks got blamed, took all the harms/Because the Fire had died". Without the fire, everyone was that much more willing to let the ducks be used as a scapegoat that they would have otherwise.

Well, that's enough for now. So long.
- ----
Boris