Plea for help from a new-comer - Human tribes

From: were.ralph <were.ralph_at_virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 11:14:11 -0700

Hi,
A plea for help from someone new to the digest. I play RQ2 and apart from some of the material available when this was still the current version, I consider myself somewhat ignorant of things Gloranthan (more so after reading some of the excellent discussions in these pages!)
What I am after is information on 2 subjects. 1. How many human tribes are there in the Dragon Pass/Prax area (as on the map in RQ2), What are they called, How are they distributed and how do the cults fit into tribal life (etc!). 2. Dragonewts. How to handle Player Character rebirth - surely this gives them a huge advantage over other (non-Dragonewt) PC's? Also, what is the deal with Dragonewt (i)cities (ii)roads (iii)temples? Dragonewts, given their apparent complexity, seem to have missed out on the information side of things in the books I have. I believe Wyrms Footnotes #14 dealt with the race in depth, but try getting hold of any copy of WF these days!
I apologise for writing such 'general' enquiries, but there are huge gaps in my Gloranthan knowledge that I need to fill Many thanks in advance
Ralph Plowman
were.ralph_at_virgin.net