Hero Wars during the Blod Kings war

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 17:11:48 EDT

For those of you that may be interested, the rule mechanic for HW seemed to work rather well for larger scale combat. The Army of the Self Styled Bull Shah of Worion marched down the Oronin River with his army and destroyed the forces of the Moon Shah in an exciting and quick way. Sieges and magic were less successful, but open combat was a major success, with desperate charges, rallies, uncertain stand offs etc.
In one big game session we had theology debates (is the Red Goddess a False God?),
diplomacy, treachery, three full battles, one minor skirmish, two sieges, a major succession crisis, and two days spent in the House of Anomaly.

Is there going to be a large scale combat option in the HW rules? If not, then there should be. I personally think the SP system is almost better suited to this than to individual player interactions. But I'll stop talking about rules.

Keith Nellist