Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #431

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 17:23:06 EST

In a message dated 2/7/99 8:57:23PM, you write:

<<
 Irripi Ontor collector: "Oi, Grey Beard Priest. We've come to pick up the  knowledge tribute for the Empire. One third of your books are due to be  paid."

 Lhankor Mhy High Priest: "Run this third thing by me again...?"

 Ash

In either the FS or GRoY some esteemed Dara Happan emperor type solves a problem using mathermatics (dividing Gazzam I think). Issaries also did some adding and division when he was dealing with Spare Grain. These two examples show that cultures value those that can do arithmetic

Keith N