Brithini

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 15:25:14 EST

Steve Lieb:
<< Jose Ramos disputes the idea of Brithini Sky Commandos:
>I doubt any brithini flies. I mean, did they fly in the Ice Age? No.

 Did they fly in the God's era? I would think they did if they wanted to.  Is there a source that suggests this isn't true?   >>
The -impression- of arch conservative, live by the Laws and don't do anything else, Brithini is not one that includes, IMO, 'flying if you want to'. In fact doing anything you 'want to' seems un Brithini. Everything is done because it 'must' be done, or it 'has always' been done (same reason to a Brithini) . So I am also against Brithini Sky Commandos. The infantry cannot even use horses, flying magic may be reserved for Zzaburs

On that point, I think it would be the wizards who can cast the really super combat magic on the Horals. They cannot cast it one themselves becasue they cannot fight. Another point, Horals would always be commanded by a Talar I assume and as soliders would be perfectly capable of digging and setting up camp; normal soldier duties, but only if given the order, by a Talar.

Keith N