Re: Bronze Age Feel

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 06:43:40 EST

Craig Carter:

<< Ken's summation of the early RQ game supplements having a 'Bronze age feel'
is spot on. It's the main reason that my group started to play RQ in the first place. The early supplements had a distinct classical feel to them although I must confess to not having read them for years so this could be me suffering from acute nostalgia. >>

     In my experience, the 'bronze age feel' is the most often quoted reason for people starting to game in Glorantha. If it is being scrapped wholesale (it obviously ain't true for all of Glorantha) or if it never really existed in the first place and they're now trying to make that more clear, then I am not convinced that that's a good selling strategy.

 <<I suspect that I'm in a minority when I admit to having no interest in the Western stuff or the oriental bits >>

     I think you'll find the reverse!

<<because it always seems like they were stuck on afterwards.>>

     Ironically, the West (or parts of it) was actually developed first - it just didn't appear in the RPG material until RQ3.

<< I definitely prefer the Bronze age/ Classical/ Dark age/ Celtic/ Saxon etc
bit in the middle.>>

    You'll be pleased to know that that's what's being published first, then. The western, eastern and Pamaltelan stuff will probably come much later.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky