Rotten Stuff

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 16:59:22 EST

Gian:

<< About the spontaneous generation of life,>>

      I don't think that happens in Glorantha, unless chaos is involved. Of course, there is manufactured 'life', like the nilmergs, but that's not quite the same thing. And non-chaotic spontaneous generation *used* to happen, back in the Green Age, and possibly later, but not since time began, IMO.

<< I ask you: how do you manage the rotting matter in Glorantha? You have no
bacteria and no viruses. >>

     You don't need them; organic matter returns to the living cycles of the world, because those are the laws of nature. OTOH, I suppose one could argue that we don't know for sure that saprophytic bacteria don't exist in Glorantha, as nobody's invented the microscope yet, let alone the Gram stain. But I doubt it :-)

<<Do organic matter rots in the same way (dangerous to living beings, due to infection
 expositions) as in the RW? >>

     Pretty much. Disease spirits are attracted to rotten stuff; they like the stench.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky