Orlanth and Aroka

From: Peter Mcaveney <pmcaveney_at_usa.net>
Date: 6 Apr 2001 11:30:51 EDT

Alex Ferguson wrote back:
> - -.. and then subtract Storm Bull, and the chaos beasties, I believe
> it would be correct to say. (I'm still not sure I 'get' this:
> provisional guesses would be some sort of clever fourth-walling (if so,
> too clever for me), or, it has the moral "shit happens"...)

Last night I was skimming the copy of D:LoD I won on eBay and preparing a writeup of this heroquest. Suddenly it clicked - in the myth (KoS) it mentions that Aroka's lair is just past the "poisonthorn acre." That forest is, of course, in Dorastor (or whatever it was called back in the storm age.) Thus the chaos infestation ...

P.S. I remember reading somewhere that Aroka = Oslir, but can't find it. Is that true or should I have my medication adjusted?

P.P.S. Google has done a nice job of spidering the digest archives, so maybe we don't need our own search facility.

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #350