Re: Arkati Illumination

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 06:16:39 -0700 (PDT)

Peter Metcalfe:
>I did once play around with the Arkati being
>the reverse of this (having refute but no
>understanding of how to use it to attain
>truth) but it didn't fit Arkat's actions.

It seems like there is an interesting play here, but I can't quite get a grasp on it. Somehow, Iluminated Arkat was able to be a sequential fanatic. First he believed X absolutely, then Y absolutely, without any hint that he previously believed X absolutely. Although cynics might say that he believed nothing in particular, I think he is far mor einteresting and credible if he was The True Believer in each instance.  Chalking this ability up to some form of illumination or mystical insight feels right, but I can't see the mechanism. It is almost like he moved horizontally between two truths, neither of which were terribly transcendant.

Chris Lemens

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great prices http://auctions.yahoo.com/