Re: Arkati Illumination

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:34:18 +0100

> I think he is far mor einteresting and
>credible if he was The True Believer in each instance.
> Chalking this ability up to some form of illumination
>or mystical insight feels right, but I can't see the
>mechanism. It is almost like he moved horizontally
>between two truths, neither of which were terribly
>transcendant.

Perhaps Arkat was motivated principally by the will to achieve his goals. He set out to destroy Gbaji, and was willing to fully and completely embrace whatever philosophy helped him achieve that aim. A philosophy or system of belief is as true as it is useful. Perhaps he was some kind of Utilitarian?

Simon Hibbs