Chronomancy

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 00:58:04 -0800 (PST)

> Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 01:01:53 +0200 (EET)
> From: Olli Kantola <newsalor_at_ee.oulu.fi>
> Simon Hibbs:
> >These are all attitudes about the world we live in,
> and strategies for
> >coping with it. However these strategies are
> trapped between two
> >poles - those of the Knowable and the Unknowable
> world.
>
> Wow! This has been the core of my model & pet theory
> for a long time.
> Recently I have immersed myself with the myriad
> applications and possible
> consequences of it. There are "temporal"
> implications too.
>
> Olli Kantola

I think you are right, Olli. I haven't read Entekosiad yet, but on Glorantha.com there is a hint to its content: Chronomancy is a sort of weapon/technique the Lunars are mastering for the herowars.

This *could* be the answer to my Outer Atomic Explorer stream of questions (thank you, Terra, for your nice herobands on Lokarnos.com!!), but I also recently realized a further hypothesis concerning Lunar Chronomancy.

The Seven Mothers took a young girl from the street to host their goddess/weapon against the encroaching Carmanian, back in 1220.
RW young girls (I have one in my family, so I know what I mean) tend to perceive Time in a strange circular/cyclical/Lunatic way, according to my paternal but none the less masculine sight.

Maybe the fact that the vessel was a young girl on the edge of adolescence played a decisive part in the final choice of the Summoned Power (Sedenya).

And that would explain much, even if I don't know exactly what, at the moment... :)

Ciao,
Gian

End of Glorantha Digest