Re: Kultainland

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:22:36 +0000 (GMT)

I do not see a lot more value I can add to deliberations beyond the information I have provided already. So to avoid this degenerating I would like to leave it with the explanation of the decisions made for DP. Feel free to ask if there is anything else I can help with.

Howver tangentally I wanted to comment on this

>GAG has the advantage of utility for other
>campaigns.

The real problem with GAG for me is one of how unfriendly it is to new recruits to Glorantha. While probing the newbies attitudes to Glorantha on rpg.net one strong response I encountered was that they were put-off the setting by the number and availability of unofficial sources that seemed to comprise 'GAG'. Many felt frustrated that their Gloranthan play was looked down on because they did not have access to those sources. For 'outsiders' GAG is something of a tyranny.

FWIW (watch the URL wrap):

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?s=20985b3b32ba78297c45fbf5918e1c01&threadid=39925&highlight=kill+all+your+darlings

So I am more in favour of YGMV and leaving II to canonize versions it likes in its supplements or by licencing.

That said I am pleased that we got as many fan contributions into DP as we did.

Ian Cooper
0208-672-0717(H)07970-411892 (M)0207-337-6217 (W)

"Give the kids tools, so they can go build their own houses; not the blueprint of what the houses should be." Tori Amos

Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html

End of Glorantha Digest