Re: New life in Hell

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_free.fr>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 00:53:58 +0100

Jane :

> > cold vs. hot ; etc),
> > forces, and in effect
> > >
> > > In all but one effect - it does not become the
> > place where the dead walk.
> >
> > Yes it does. In Sartar, they're called Humakti.
>
> I'm fascinated, but lost.

I could also have mentioned Delecti, Vivamort, Gark the Calm, etc etc.

> You seem to be suggesting some (known?) connection
> between Humakti and night-time?

Er, no.

The confusing thing here is that there are several Underworlds, usually referred to as "The Underworld" (because of the GL monomyth).

The Hell that the Humakti belong to isn't the same as the Hell that the Uz came from. Night and Death are separate Runes.

That said, it's true IMO that there's a tangential connection between Humakt and the Night, given that Humakt is cosmologically and in Orlanthi mythology the cause for the Sun falling out of the Sky and Night replacing Day. This is only a secondary association though, not a primary one.

Julian Lord

--
"Hmmm, I've heard of other powers.

... Real Life ?"