RE: Broos at Moonbroth

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:32:20 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Andrew,

can we consider another example. The Abiding Book in HQ defines a set of sins (the usual suspects: murder, lust etc). Sinners risk not getting into Solace. Do you feel that because magic and religion are immanent and the prospect of damnation and salvation palpably real that Westerners do not sin? Do you believe that in the West no man has ever slept with another man's wife at risk of his eternal essence? And do you believe that such a sinner is evil or just flawed?

My answer would be that humans in Glorantha are no better or worse than those on earth and many will be tempted to take the short term path to get what they want now, regardless of any later cost and no matter how painful or real. I smoked for years despite knowing the damage to my health, because smoking was 'pleasure' now, the price to be payed seemed so far away as to be meaningless.

So for sure negotiating with broos may be a sin, but if it helps you with a problem now - The Lunars - it may be tempting to take the option and worry about the price later. And perhaps they are right. The organized Lunar Empire seems more of a threat than a bunch of scraggy broo.

Choice is, after all, what seperates gods and men (since the Compromise).

Of course YGMV.

Ian Cooper
0208-672-0717(H)07970-411892 (M)0207-337-6217 (W)

"Give the kids tools, so they can go build their own houses; not the blueprint of what the houses should be." Tori Amos