Re: Hells of Death and of Trolls

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_morat.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:29:37 +0000

>But when the Sun dies, he screws up Wonderhome. The "Hell of dead surface
>beings" seems to be somehow connected to the "Hell of the Uz". Which is
>strange, since, as you note, Darkness and Death are separate. Indeed,
>they're opposite--*Light* is Death. Just ask any Uz.

It doesn't seem odd to me that the Solar Hell should be a place of utter darkness filled with monsters. Nor that the children of Darkness should see such a place as a paradise.

Nor does it seem odd that Light, dispelling Darkness should be seen as Death by the creatures of Darkness.

Doubtless the Uz have their own idea of Hell - and likely it is a place of bright all-pervading light.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.