Re: Reincarnation

From: Donald R. Oddy <donald_at_grove.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 21:45:31 GMT

In message <005001c4052d$a63e6270$040ba8c0_at_TerraComputer> "TERRA INCOGNITA" writes:

>> I think it's based more on Celtic ideas of
>> re-incarnation than Buddist ones.
>
>We don't know enough about Celtic Religion before Christians destroyed it.
>Some of poems of Taliesin and Amargin might hint such concept behind the
>Christianized cover.....
>
>http://www.cs.rice.edu/~ssiyer/minstrels/poems/175.html

There is also the oral tradition of witchcraft, some practicioners claim to have a family history of witches going back to pre-christian times. How much of this is true and how much a 19th Century invention is anyone's guess.

There certainly seems to be something which has remained in the collective memory of western europeans in spite of over 1500 years of Christianity.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/