Comparative list dynamics

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 23:20:19 +0000 (GMT)

Just discovering how awkward it is to reply to a message from the archives.... where's the "reply" button on the web page? ah well, cut & paste can still be done.

The Platypus said:

"Membership overlap may be 100% but i gave up on
following whitewall
after I realized i wasn't catching up anything while still spending
my full afternoon reading the hundreds of mail of the ML, due to mails coming in faster than i could read."

"However, i can easily follow the 2 emails a day
coming on *this* list."

You know, I hadn't realised it was that extreme: all Gloranthan mail comes into the same mailbox, I barely notice which list it's from.

Archives say that since 1st March, the Glorantha list has generated 67 messages. The WW list was founded on 3rd March. It now contains 1460 messages. No, that is not a typo. Four digits. Eek!

In the same time, the HQ-RPG list produced 466 messages, FWIW.

Jane Williams

Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html